I began painting as a teenager but had a 30 year hiatus due to work and family commitments. In the past five years I have picked up a brush again and have been mainly painting portraits and pets for family and friends. All of my paintings are completed with the highest quality oils and my subjects are an eclectic mix from people to poppies and birds to boats. I live just west of Brisbane in the leafy, semirural suburb of Brookfield which provides a calm and relaxing place to paint.
I have a lifelong love for all types of art but a particular affinity for the postimpressionist style of the early 1900’s.
- Finalist The Doyles Art Award 2023
- Salon des Refusés Lethbridge Landscape Prize 2023
- Salon des Refusés Lethbridge 20000 Prize 2023
- 3rd place Brookfield Art Show 2021
- Highly commended Brookfield Art Show 2016
I am currently represented by The Toowoomba Gallery and have sold numerous paintings through the gallery in 2022/23.
Showing all 3 artworks