RME DAX 22
2022 Expressions of interest to exhibit closed.
Our current exhibitor invitations have been sent out. If you cannot find that portal invitation please email the curator.
Dates to remember if accepted:
- Artworks may be submitted for selection via our online portals any time after from now till 1 August deadline.
- You may submit up to six artworks (or sets of artworks). Invitation to submit works is not a guarantee of selection.
- Pricing should include commission and GST. See here for Conditions of entry and GST details https://downlandsart.com/gst/
- First round artworks will be selected by early August, and these will be charged a $5 non-refundable entry fee per catalogued item and a commission of 25% upon sale. The curator may then ask artists to provide extra works for our catalogue if necessary.
- Brisbane artists are now responsible for delivery of their own works or by direct arrangement with curator.
- Whilst every care will be taken in handling all works of art, the owner of the goods to be exhibited in the Downlands College Art Exhibition, acknowledges that goods are carried to and from the exhibition at his/her own risk and that the carrier of the goods and the organising committee of the exhibition are exempt from all liability, including liability for negligence. During the exhibition artworks are covered by the College insurance policy.
Works are to be delivered to addresses shown at the indicated times:
TOOWOOMBA: Downlands College – Graham Centre (Driveway renovations may require Bus Circle drop off. TBA)Sunday 11 September 3:00pm – 7:30pm
Monday 12 September 9:00am – 7:00pm (deadline)
Volunteers are most welcome to help receive artwork at these times and with hanging on the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Works are to be collected from addresses shown at the indicated times:
TOOWOOMBA: Downlands College – Graham Centre (Front of School)
Sunday 25 September 2:00pm – 7:30pm
Monday 26 and Tuesday 28 September 9:00am – 7:30pm
Volunteers are welcome to help with pack up from 10am Sunday 25 September and 9am until late on Monday and Tuesday.
NO collection from the school is possible before 2pm on Sunday 25 September.
Please understand the logistical considerations under our contractual obligations with so many suppliers.
- Artist meet/information night 15 September (Times to be advised)
- Gala opening 16 September 7pm (no free tickets for artists)
- Exhibition close 25 September 4pm (No collection till 26th)
- Sold/unsold artwork collection from the college 25-26 September. (Times to be advised)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have difficulties.
If you have an existing portal or have been sent a link you can find the instructions here:
The RME Downlands Art Exhibition is usually held in the College’s Graham Centre. This is at the top of the curved driveway, the entry on Ruthven Street, Toowoomba. We will continue this grand tradition in 2022. Our regular curator, Evan Hollis, strives to present a large, formal gallery space with artworks curated primarily by genre, sunject and media useage. Accepted artworks are of a high standard whereby more affordable works are often hung near serious investment pieces creating an interesting viewing experience and purchasing options for all browsers.
During the exhibition refreshments are available at the Café in Tudor Hall which is adjacent to the Graham Centre. Visitors can relax with morning or afternoon tea or lunch whilst contemplating your newly acquired art under the shaded café tables.
2022 Partners Prospectus avavilable
Mark your calendar for Gala Opening 13 September 2024 at 7 pm
Book tickets for RME Downlands Art Exhibition Gala Opening here soon.
The exhibition opens between 14 - 18 September, 10 am - 4 pm.