RME DAX 23
Our exciting new Junior School facilities have now been completed and we are back to front of school delivery for artworks in 2023!
It would be greatly appreciated if Artists can assist us this year with the hanging and demount of the exhibition during September.
Works are to be delivered at the indicated times:
Downlands College – Graham Centre at front of school.
Saturday 9 September 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Sunday 10 September 9:00am – 5:30pm (deadline at Sunset)
Volunteers/exhibitors are encouraged to help receive artwork at these times and with hanging on the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
(If these times are not suitable for delivery please contact the curator to arrange an earlier drop off.)
Collection of unsold work
Thursday 21 September 9:00am – 8:00pm
Friday 22 September 9:00am – 8:00pm
Saturday 23 September 9:00am – 6:00pm
- WORK SHOULD BE COLLECTED from the College by MONDAY 25 SEPTEMBER 2023.
- No responsibility will be taken for works not collected by this date unless prior arrangements are received and agreed to in writing by representatives of the Downlands College Art Exhibition.
* Artists are encouraged to help with pack up.
Points to remember if your work is accepted.
- All supplied works must be clearly marked with the name of the artist and title. In the case of three-dimensional works submitted in quantity, individual saleable pieces should be numbered consecutively.
- All two-dimensional works will be strung, ready for hanging, except large works to be hung direct from D-shackles. It is recommended that non-framed canvases have painted edges and be sturdy i.e. at least 25mm deep. Warped canvases will not be hung.
- All works are subject to 25% commission and the relevant GST charges upon sale unless otherwise arranged with the curator.
- Artists will be emailed a consignment label for each artwork selected. Please check your inbox for emails from no-reply@ArtGalleria.com
- All three-dimensional works shall be ready for installation including any fittings and directions included with the work.
- Please enter a quality artwork image for our website and detail shots if available..
- By submitting artwork to the Downlands Art Exhibition you give permission for photographs of your work to be taken by Downlands for publicity. (Public photography prohibited during the show).
- Due to the number of artworks we are managing, no item changes can be made to consignments upon delivery of artworks, only deletions.
- The Artist’s preview and Curator’s Sales Team Training Night at 6:30pm on Thursday 14 September. Artists are welcome to join us and contribute to the session. Go to the home page to purchase tickets to the fundraising Gala event.
The RME Downlands Art Exhibition is usually held in the College’s Graham Centre. This is at the top of the curved driveway, the entry on Ruthven Street, Toowoomba. We will continue this grand tradition in 2023. Our regular curator, Evan Hollis, strives to present a large, formal gallery space with artworks curated primarily by genre, sunject and media useage. Accepted artworks are of a high standard whereby more affordable works are often hung near serious investment pieces creating an interesting viewing experience and purchasing options for all browsers.
During the exhibition refreshments are available at the Café in Tudor Hall which is adjacent to the Graham Centre. Visitors can relax with morning or afternoon tea or lunch whilst contemplating your newly acquired art under the shaded café tables.
2023 Partners Prospectus avavilable soon
Mark your calendar for Gala Opening 15 September 2023 at 7 pm
Book tickets for RME Downlands Art Exhibition Gala Opening here soon.
The exhibition opens between 16 - 20 September, 10 am - 4 pm.