I’m Impatient, I’m immature, I’m Raw, I’m impulsive,I’m honest.
Stripping the detail and focusing on what I want to give the viewer.
As in any story told around the world today nobody gives u every detail. Exact Times, locations, colours, feelings mostly get left behind. It doesn’t impact the story, it opens it up like a Chinese whisper.
These altered interpretations merge my story into imaginations and stories not even known to me.
Nathan Paddison’s paintings are experiential, raw and drawn from a troubled past. Gestural marks and indistinct language known to the the artist form an expressionistic dialogue. Nathan’s strong line and approach to palette meld closely with the physicality and urgency in which he works. The impatience and powerful language forming in Nathan’s work is akin to compulsion rather than task.
- Art from the inside 2019, winner
- Flourish Art exhibition 2019, highly commended
- Naked&Nude 2019, finalist
- Bricklane Gallery Open Call (London) - finalist 2020
- Gosford Art Prize - 2020
- Kangaroo Valley art prize - 2020
- Circle arts open call Paris, France - honourable mention 2020
- ArtAscent animal art 2020 -finalist
- FusionArt New York 2021 - finalist
- Naked&nude 2021,Manning regional gallery-current finalist (unjudged)
- Kilgour Prize 2021, Newcastle art gallery -current finalist (unjudged)
-The Lester Prize 2021, Art Gallery of Western Australia - current finalist (unjudged)
- Art from the inside,2019, group show
- Flourish 2019 group exhibition
- Naked&Nude 2019, manning valley regional gallery, finalists exhibition
- Sunset gallery solo exhibition, august 2019
- Humble House Gallery Canberra, Solo exhibition. November/December 2020
- Gosford regional gallery (group/finalists exhibition)
- Kangaroo Valley exhibition 2020, finalists exhibition
- art saves the world, collaborated exhibition with the space cowboy, Space cowboy Gallery, Byron Bay 2021
-Studio Gallery Group 2020/21 group exhibitions x 12
Showing all 15 artworks