I paint to ground myself, to take time to appreciate the beauty in our surroundings and celebrate life's most basic essentials. My work explores the digital aspects of flat illustration and combines with acrylic painting techniques to create a more tactile effect. I believe that simplified images can be used just as effectively as more detailed illustrations to convey messages in today's fast paced world. I hope that my simplistic, contemporary approach allows not only me, but also the viewer to slow down in their busy day and take a moment to form a relationship with our beautiful environment. My designs are inspired by the laws of geometry incorporated with the perfectly imperfect form of nature. I make an effort with every artwork to breathe life into our solitary environment so that those designs, ideas and innovations are displayed on my canvas.
Born in Toowoomba in 2001, I lived in Highfields for the first 15 years of my life. I attended the local Catholic primary school where I quickly realised that I had a passion for Art, learning to paint from my mother and honing my skills in the classroom. I was fortunate enough to attend The Glennie School for my secondary schooling where I was part of the French Immersion Programme. At the culmination of the Programme, I travelled to France where I explored museums such as la Louvre, studied the architecture and the culture which I now draw on when depicting the world around me.
In 2021 I completed my Bachelor of Business and Commerce and currently fill my days crunching numbers in the financial world. However, what I still enjoy most is putting paintbrush to canvas having rediscovered my love for acrylic painting. I pride myself on my ability to incorporate my mathematical and logical side into my artistic creations, reflecting my love for uniformity and precision in this way.
- Kelsie Rose
- Amy Gibbs
- Nerida Woolley
- Sarah Bishop
- Toowoomba Art Society – Junior Art Expo Certificate for Recognition of Excellence: 2015
- Toowoomba Art Society – Junior Art Expo Certificate for Recognition of Excellence: 2016
- The Glennie School – Art Faculty Perinet Prize for Best in School: 2016
- The Glennie School – Art Faculty Best in Year: 2015
- The Glennie School – Art Faculty Best in Year: 2016
- Toowoomba Art Society – Junior Art Expo 2015
- Toowoomba Art Society – Junior Art Expo 2016
- The Heritage Bank Toowoomba Royal Show – Art Exhibition 2015
Showing all 2 artworks