RME DAX 22
Click Map for pdf view
Our exciting new Junior School facilities are the noble cause for our driveway entrance disruption!
2022 Artist Catalogue Submission Deadline has closed.
Our exhibition Curator has selected works from well over 1000 incredible entries submitted for our 2022 Catalogue. For curatorial reasons we aim to limit this to 750 items on display.
Catalogue selection has been completed.
Points to remember if accepted and your art is displayed on the site catalogue:
- All supplied works must be clearly marked with the name of the artist and title. In the case of three-dimensional works submitted in quantity, individual saleable pieces should be numbered consecutively.
- All two-dimensional works will be strung, ready for hanging, except large works to be hung direct from D-shackles. It is recommended that non-framed canvases have painted edges and be sturdy i.e. at least 25mm deep. Warped canvases will not be hung.
- All works are subject to commission and to the relevant GST> (Conditions of entry & GST – RME Downlands Art Exhibition) charges upon sale unless otherwise arranged with the curator.
- Please check your pricing on the site. You can find your online profile and artwork here > Quick list – RME Downlands Art Exhibition
- Please check your online Artist Profile details and edit through your portal by Monday 5 September if required.
- Artists will have been emailed a consignment label for each artwork selected. Please check your inbox, print these out and affix or just bring in with your work upon delivery.
- All three-dimensional works will be ready for installation including any fittings and directions included with the work.
- The curator will select a current artwork image as your profile picture if one is not supplied.
- By submitting artwork to the Downlands Art Exhibition you give permission for photographs of your work to be taken by Downlands for publicity. (Public photography prohibited during the show).
- Due to the number of artworks we are managing, no item changes can be made to consignments upon delivery of artworks, only deletions.
- The Curator’s Sales Team Training Night at 6:30pm on Thursday 15 September. Artists are welcome to join us and contribute to the session. There are no free tickets to the fundraising Gala event. Please RSVP to Debbie Carpenter – email@example.com catering purposes.
Please email the curator if you have any issues.
It would be greatly appreciated if Artists can assist us this year with the hanging and demount of the exhibition.
>Delivery / Collection
(These times may change due to our current driveway upgrade)
Due to construction of our new Junior School and driveway upgrades the main access to the Graham centre will be blocked off during September. Please utilise either driveway entrance and follow the linked map. We will have signs indicating the temporary delivery option.
Whilst every care will be taken in handling all works of art, the owner of the goods to be exhibited in the Downlands College Art Exhibition, acknowledges that goods are carried to and from the exhibition at his/her own risk and that the carrier of the goods and the organising committee of the exhibition are exempt from all liability, including liability for negligence. During the exhibition artworks are covered by the College insurance policy.
Works are to be delivered at the indicated times:
TOOWOOMBA: Downlands College – Graham Centre – Access via map on this page.
Saturday 10 September 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Sunday 11 September 9:00am – 5:30pm (deadline at Sunset)
Volunteers are encourage to help receive artwork at these times and with hanging on the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
(If these times are not suitable for delivery please contact the curator to arrange an earlier drop off.)
Works are to be collected at the indicated times:
TOOWOOMBA: Downlands College – Graham Centre – access via map on this page.
Sunday 25 September 12:00pm – 7:30pm
Monday 26 and Tuesday 28 September 9:00am – 8:30pm
NO collection from the school is possible before 12pm on Sunday 25 September.
Please understand the logistical considerations under our contractual obligations with so many suppliers.
- WORK SHOULD BE COLLECTED from the College by TUESDAY 27 SEPTEMBER 2022.
- No responsibility will be taken for works not collected by this date unless prior arrangements are received and agreed to in writing by representatives of the Downlands College Art Exhibition.
*Volunteers are welcome to help with pack up from 10am Sunday 25 September and 9am until late on Monday and Tuesday. We would love it if you could help after the show?
The RME Downlands Art Exhibition is usually held in the College’s Graham Centre. This is at the top of the curved driveway, the entry on Ruthven Street, Toowoomba. We will continue this grand tradition in 2022. Our regular curator, Evan Hollis, strives to present a large, formal gallery space with artworks curated primarily by genre, sunject and media useage. Accepted artworks are of a high standard whereby more affordable works are often hung near serious investment pieces creating an interesting viewing experience and purchasing options for all browsers.
During the exhibition refreshments are available at the Café in Tudor Hall which is adjacent to the Graham Centre. Visitors can relax with morning or afternoon tea or lunch whilst contemplating your newly acquired art under the shaded café tables.
2022 Partners Prospectus avavilable
Book Tickets for Gala Opening 16 September 2022 at 7 pm
Book tickets for RME Downlands Art Exhibition Gala Opening here soon.
The exhibition opens between 17 - 24 September, 10 am - 4 pm.